Transformed into his image - Rich in Love John 15 – Oct 4th
- Describe yourself in three words.
- What defines you?
Read Psalm 103 out loud together, that have a time of quiet and then invite people to either speak out their own praise of God or use some of the words from Psalm 103.
Read John 15:1-17
- Check the everyone knows the context of the passage – fill in where necessary.
- As you read the passage what strikes you as the most important phrase?
- Focus in on verse 9-12. Take several pieces of paper and label them as follows. "FATHER", "JESUS", "US" and "OTHERS".
- Now lay out the papers and draw on the "love" and the "remaining" in relationship to the four labels and then number them in the order in which these happen according to verses 9-12.
- Your ability to love is directly connected to your remaining in Christ. (see also 1 John 5:19) What are you doing to remain in Christ?
On a scale of 1-10, where 0 is "poor in love" and 10 is "rich in love", where are you?
Given that Jesus said:
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:35
What are you doing so that you grow "rich in love"?
Witness - Personal or group transformation plan
As we close this series together it would be helpful for you to talk about how as a group you are being Transformed into Christ's image.
- Is this part of the reason for your meeting together?
- How can you support each other in this?
- Do you need to work on some group and individual "transformations plans"?
- What might this look like?
Download the full series notes in PDF format here.
Mark Searle, 03/09/2009