Being Involved at the 7pm
We are so glad that you have come along to the 7pm service at St George's and delighted that you are thinking about being more involved.
As part of God's family we can serve one another and be an encouragement to the whole community. Listed below are some opportunites for you to be involved by serving at the 7pm.
Opportunites to Serve
Sound Clear up post service
Overview: Helping the sound person and musicians pack away after service
What's involved: wrapping up cables, putting equipment away – smiling
Skills required: none
Timing: every 4/5 weeks [or more if you like] from 8.30 - 9.15
Current need: 4/5 people
Who to contact: Geoff Boswell 01372 277450 email
Overview: Sound operation and mixing service sound [including music mixing]
What involved: Quite a lot of pressure and a reasonable amount of skill required
- Good hearing, musical ear, excellent interpersonal skills, love of music & contemporary worship music.
- Some technical understanding required.
- MUST BE FULL MEMBER OF CONGREGATION OR OF THIS CHURCH
- If previously proven skilled at least 2/3 services as assistant.
- If no or little experience at least 6 months as assistant to sound mixer
- Informal evaluation interview with service & sound leader at end of training – acceptance not guaranteed.
Timing: every 4/5 weeks, from 4.30pm - 9pm
Current need: 2 people
Who to contact:
Geoff Boswell 01372 277450 email
Overview: This mission presents an opportunity to honour our less mobile fellow Christians by providing the means for them to worship and pray at our 7pm church service and to enjoy the fellowship of our church community.
- Using a specially adapted vehicle, to collect a wheelchair-bound person from their home and deliver to St Georges for the 7pm Service. To return them home after the service.
- Each driver undertakes one driving duty per 8 weeks
- The driver must have a clean driving license and be over the age of 25yrs.
- There are two passengers to collect separately as follows:
- Collect vehicle at 5:40pm.
- Collect 1st passenger at 6:00pm and deliver to church, collect 2nd at 6:40, deliver to church.
- 9pm return 2nd passenger home, return to church, return 1st passenger home by 10pm.
- 10:20pm return vehicle.
- We are currently 6 in the team and need a further two drivers
Current need: Clive Trapmore 01372 277181
Overview: Helps to provide a rich visual experience enabling people to worship God.
What's involved: Running the projection system from the back of church during services, song words and images.
Skills required: Confident with IT skills, musical ear, creativity
Timing: Once a month from 6.30 - 8.45 + initial training
Current need: Only have three people
Who to contact: Ian Thain (01372) 377 616
Christmas Mince Pie Service
Overview: An opportunity to bless and serve many from within the church family & those visiting from the local community & further afield
What's involved: Setting up &/or helping put away 8 tables, trays of mince pies, flasks of mulled wine & jugs of juice. Pairs of people at the tables pouring drinks
Skills required: Smiley faces
Timing: Christmas Eve, from 5pm - 8pm
Number of People required: About 12 people
Who to contact: Pat Jane 272 757